Top Frequently Asked Questions about the Cake Show:
1. How tall can my cake be? You can go as tall as you’d like but your entry must be reproducible in the medium of your category. The base should be no larger than 24″ x 24″. Entries larger than this will be disqualified.
2. What does footed mean? To facilitate handling and to minimize damage, all entries must be footed. (Example: Use a cake divider plate, glue 1/2″ small pieces of styrofoam, or use plastic push pins of 1/2″ on the bottom of cake board).
3. When can I drop off my entries? Drop off-times are Friday, October 12 from 5:30 pm – 8pm and Saturday, October 13 from 8:30 am- 10:00 am
4. I want to enter a piece but I can’t be there during the whole show. Can I still enter? YES!!! Attendance is not mandatory to compete in the show. Deliver your entry during listed delivery times and plan to pick up your entry by 4:30 pm. on Sunday, October 14 . Cakes must be on display until after the Award Ceremony which will begin at 3:15 on Sunday. Entries not picked up at the end of show will be discarded.
5. Can I have help when delivering my entry? You may bring one person in with you to assist with delivery and set-up. Once your item is delivered, you and your assistant will have to exit and return when the show opens. No picture taking during delivery.
6. I own my own cake shop and I’d like people to know about my business. Can I advertise next to my entry? Absolutely no advertising of any kind is allowed on or near display tables. Entries must be registered in the name of the individual competing not a business name. There may be limited advertising on our program flyer. Contact us for more information.
7. Will the judges be tasting my entries? There will not be a tasting component in this year’s cake show in any CATEGORY. The only tasting category will be in the Guittard Chocolate Cupcake Competition, which is judged separately and held on Sunday.
8. How much do I pay to attend the show if I am submitting an entry? Your entry registration fee includes your admission for both Saturday and Sunday. Friends and family can pay at the door. Admission fees are $8.00 for one day or $14.00 for a two day pass. Children under 5 are free.
9. Who will be judging entries? We ask people who are not cake club members to judge entries. Very rarely will club members judge any division.